"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/19/15

Snowman 12

Keeping off my feet and elevating my knee has been kind of hard. I've got so much that needs to be done around the house, places to go, people to see. I've been a good girl, though, and made myself do it. Yesterday I decided to work on Snowman 12 the whole day, between little trips to walk around the house. I got quite a bit of him done while watching movies on Netflix.



All that is left is to fill in the white sparkly stitches, finish his face, and then my favorite part, the outlining! I can hardly wait. I did make a couple mistakes on him, but I left them in. It makes him unique. His mittens were supposed to be blue, but the symbols for dark green and dark blue look very much alike so I misread. The buttons are supposed to be green, but since I made the mittens green, I decided to make the buttons blue. I also managed to leave one row of stitches out at the belt area, so it's a little narrower than the pattern wants. It was easy to adjust the rest of the pattern around it so it looks good. I like it as it is. That red scarf is so cute!

I have a doctors appointment for this afternoon. It's a follow up to an appointment I had a month ago that resulted in a change in my anxiety meds. The Prozac was giving me horrible gas, so I was changed to Lexapro. I'm feeling much better. I will have my knee checked while I'm there too. It actually feels a tiny bit better today, and the bruising is starting to change yellow. Maybe I can get something for the pain. It's still excruciating.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment