"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/17/15

Bright Stripes

I've blocked the striped mens mittens I made for Knitwits. This is my first FO of the year.



Bright Stripe Mens Mittens

Pattern: Seed Stitch Striped Mittens for Men by me for Knitwits.

Yarn: Plymouth Encore Worsted
Content: 75% Acrylic/25% Wool, worsted weight
Colors: Blue and Orange.

Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars size 5.

Cast on: December 31, 2014
Completed: February 12, 2015

Comments: I used the Seed Stitch Striped mitten pattern, but instead of doing seed stitch stripes, I knit in stockinette stitch with two colors and changed them every 5 rows.




In other news, I splurged. I found the original outfit for my doll Serious Intentions Ellowyne at a reasonable price, so I bought it.



I don't particularly care for this outfit, but if I ever decide to sell her, it will come in handy.

We're having another beautiful sunny day in the 40's today. The snow in the yard is almost completely gone and the grass is greening up. It's way way too early for this to be happening. I'm worried everything will start budding and then we'll return to our regular winter weather and kill everything off. But, at the same time, SUNSHINE! Can't be unhappy about that.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment