"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/26/15

Snowman Row Is Done

I can't believe I've finally finished Snowman Row. And it's adorable! I love it.

Click to embiggen

I started this project 8 years ago. I worked on it a little bit each year. I'd get all charged up to finish it, get one or two snowmen done and lose enthusiasm. But now it's finished! YAY! The pic above is after I washed and dried it, but I haven't pressed it yet. It was SO dirty from my hands and other little stains on it. The white stitches of the first three snowmen I stitched had actually yellowed. I soaked it in a bowl of hot water with a scoop of Oxyclean for half an hour and it came out perfectly clean. YAY!

Now, to get it framed. I've decided to have it done professionally cuz I don't want to mess it up after all this work.

Since I'm in a finishing mood, I decided to finish my Dogwood and Hummingbird too. All I have left is about two thirds of the background. However, I can't find my pattern. It was not stored with the project. Daughter Ruth and I have searched everywhere. So I've ordered another copy. I found one on Ebay, Should be here next week. I can hardly wait!

My knee is finally starting to feel better. I can stand without feeling like I'm gonna throw up. The swelling is going down and the bruises are fading. Hurray! I went out Tuesday and Wednesday. On Tuesday I went to Rathdrum Knitalong. I just had to get out! I'd been cooped up too long, and since it's only 5 minutes from my house... I was exhausted and in a ton of pain when I got home, but happy that I went.

Yesterday I got up and there was actually a marked improvement in the pain. So I decided to go to the monthly NISS meeting (North Idaho Secular Society). It was a very interesting meeting. My daughter had the day off so she went with me so I wouldn't have to drive. After the meeting we went grocery shopping. The cupboard was getting pretty bare with me being off my feet for 2 weeks. Again, I was able to hobble around and get the few things I needed using my trusty new cane
with the purple paisley pattern on it. Today I'm resting. I need to recover from yesterday. I'm glad I did it though. I think getting out is speeding up recovery a bit.

My blogiversary is coming up. I'm planning a contest. So stop by on March 1st to see what's happening.

Now, where is that ice pack?

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment: