"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/23/14

Event Mitten Moguls

I was definitely way too ambitious about the Ravellenic Games. I could not get my Gansey or the Mukluks done in time. I was not a total let down to my team though (Team Yarn Hoars). I finished my Mitten Moguls project, as well as the Single Skein Speed Skate event with these mitts.



Granite Mitts

Pattern: Granite Mitts by me
Size: Ladies Medium

Yarn: Vintage by Berroco
Content: 50% Acrylic, 40% Wool, 10% Nylon, worsted weight
Color: 5166 Sakura

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 5

Cast on: February 19, 2014
Completed:
February 22, 2014



I love the Granite stitch so much I decided to create a mitts pattern using it. I've finished the prototype and have begun the writing. After that it's time for test knitting, so it will be about a month or so before the pattern is ready for public consumption.



I'm not sure why I like this stitch so much. I just do.



That being said, these mitts are part of my Librarians Project. I'm knitting a pair of mitts for all the librarians at my local library as a thank you gift for all they do for the community, including putting up with my knitting group meeting there once a week, every week.

I've got a WIP to share too. I've finished the mitt part of these.



Now I need to make the embellishment tabs that are sewn across the cuffs. You'll know what I'm talking about when I get it done and you see it.

The Mukluks have come to a temporary stand still at the moment. When I assessed the situation and realized there was no way I could finish them before the end of the Olympics, I decided to put all my energy into making the Granite Mitts. The Gansey is progressing slowly. It should pick up this next week.

I have begun work on the strap for the bead knitted amulet bag I made last month. I'm looking forward to being able to wear it, soon.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. I would love to make a pair or two, one for driving and the other for work at the computer/laptop. And I have just the color, too!! Liz

    ReplyDelete