"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/12/13

WIP Wednesday 6/12/2013


Time for a WIP Wednesday post! Remember the other day I mentioned that I seem to be in a Turquoise mood? This is why. I'm knitting a pair of Turquoise and brown mens mittens for Knitwits.



AND I'm knitting a shrug in shades of Turquoise, also for Knitwits.



Everything I make I want to use Turquoise. However, I have managed to slip in some other colors. This is going to be a pair of fingerless mitts (for Knitwits).



I've joined a knit along in the Ravelry Fingerless Gloves Fanatics group. This grey yarn is leftovers from the grey/silver/black/and white shrug I finished a couple weeks ago. It's just an unknown acrylic that was donated to Knitwits, but it has a beautiful silvery sheen to it that, sadly, doesn't show in the pictures. I just had to make a pair of mitts with it. The theme for the knit along is "Under-appreciated". We are to pick a pattern in Ravelry that has less than 15 projects to it's name. I've chosen Twilled Stripe Arm Warmers, which technically isn't mitts because there's no thumb/hole. But it came up in my search for fingerless mitt patterns, and I can easily stick thumbs in it. Currently, this pattern has 1 project to it's name. Mine. Hopefully after I get mine done, others might take an interest in it.




If you're interested in participating in WIP Wednesday, please join us.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment