"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/10/13

Hugs and Kisses or X's and O's

The June challenge for Seedbeadersters group is Right Angle Weave. Specifically, this bracelet. And clearly, I am in a turquoise/aqua mood right now. (More about that later this week.)

Click on the pics to embiggen


It is a variation on the Hugs and Kisses, or X's and O's bracelet pattern that can be found all over the internet. I didn't use a pattern because it was pretty easy to figure it out without one. If you want one, you can find it in the Monomint Etsy store-->  Oh Donna X's and O's.



It's also in the Bead and Button 2009 Special Edition issue Brilliant Crystal Jewelry 2.



I used pale gold 6mm freshwater pearls, 3 colors of 4mm Swarovski crystals, and size 11 Czech seed beads in turquoise. I used 6lb Fireline in Crystal for thread.



I LOVE this bracelet! I think it's the prettiest one I've made thus far (but I'm biased). It's sparkles! I want to make another one.



I worked on it out on the deck today, between laundry loads. The weather was so perfect. Sunshine, blue sky, and a gentle breeze. Not too hot, not too cold. Just perfect. I enjoyed myself immensely.

Live long and prosper. \\//

3 comments: