"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/13/13

More X's and O's

Yesterday I was in the mood to bead big time. I wanted to make another X and O bracelet. So I tossed housework and weeding aside and beaded all day. I ended up making two bracelets.

This one is done in shades of purple and pale yellow.



 I LOVE it!



I used purple 4mm Swarovski crystals, pale yellow Czech  firepolish crystals, 6mm lavender glass pearls, and pale yellow pearl size 11 seed beads.



It sparkles. Boy, does it sparkle! I have a few different things in my wardrobe that it will go with too.



After I got that one done, my daughter admired it so much she asked me for one. She chose dark blue and white for colors.



It was a real challenge figuring out how to do this one so it would sparkle the same way.



The base is made with dark blue 6mm Druks. Initially, I started with dark blue crystals but they didn't show up very well with the dark blue background. So I switched to 4mm white firepolish crystals and 4mm crystal bicones. I used pearl white size 11 seed beads. It turned out perfect.



My daughter loves it.



So, I've made a total of 3 bracelets this week.



I feel a bit guilty for not doing my 'chores' for the day. I hope to make up for it on Friday, assuming the beading bug doesn't bite again. It might cuz I ordered a whole bunch of new glass pearls this morning and they should be here by then.



Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment