"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/17/12

Toddler Mittens for KnitWits

More finished knitting to show.



Mittens for Toddlers

Pattern:  Classic Mittens by Bernhard Ulmann

Size: Size 5T

Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash
Content: 100% Superwash Wool

Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars in size 5.

Cast on: December 8, 2012
Bound off: December 15, 2012

Comments: Quick to knit. I used the leftovers from the hats I made for my nephew. I adjusted the pattern I used to make it better. A matter of personal choice. The pattern is fine as is, but there are increases and decreases that don't make much sense and aren't really necessary for good fit so I removed them.



I may write up my version of the pattern. Haven't decided yet. The important thing is I have two pair done for the next KnitWits meeting. Yay!




I've already cast on for the next pair. I'm using the leftover Coffee Beenz yarn for them.

When I went to bed last night we had 8 inches of snow on the ground, it was coming down like crazy, and winter snow storm warnings were blasting all over the television. When I got up this morning, half the snow was gone and the rest was melting like crazy, the wind was blowing, the temps were above freezing, and slush was falling, Slush fell off and on all day. Slush is slightly frozen rain, or snow not frozen enough to call snow. It's heavy, wet, cold, icy, globby, blobs falling from the sky. Ick. It's slick too. I had to go to the post office and had quite a time getting out of the end of my driveway.

Getting ready for Christmas is moving along smoothly. Pretty much done with most of my shopping. May need to pick up a few small things here or there. Ruth and I have decided we're making Panattoni bread for the family again. It was so good, gotta repeat it. I'm going to try baking them in regular loaf pans instead of the round paper pans, just to see if it can be done. If so, it will make life much easier. Trying to figure out what small things I could add to that. Last year I put a new dish towel and pot holder in with each loaf. So that's out. I need something different. Ideas are not entering the brain.

Well, that's all for now.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment