"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/28/12

Beanie for Tyler #2




Another Beanie for Tyler

Pattern: Beanies For The Brave by Kathy Lang made for my nephew Tyler.

Size: Adult

Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash Wool in Blue and Orange
Content: 100% superwash wool, worsted weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars in size 7.

Cast on: September 25, 2012
Bound off: September 27, 2012

Comments: I love this pattern.

 
Close up of stripe pattern

Front view

Close up of ribbed cuff.

Top view.



I have been having computer problems of late. I wanted to back up my laptops hard drive, which I do every so often because I know how it feels to have a hard drive fail and lose everything. For some reason the backup process fails. I spent 2 days wrestling with it trying to figure out what's wrong and got nowhere. Last night Sweet Hubby spent several hours trying to get it to work too. We know my laptop hard drive is healthy (good to know) and is not causing the problem. We know that the portable drive I'm trying to back up onto is fine too. He upgraded all the drivers and the backup software and ran test after test. Still no answer. So, why isn't it working? We haven't a clue. Maybe the cable has gone bad? I will have to see if I can get a new one and test that hypothesis. In the meantime, I hope my laptop doesn't crash and burn.

It's still horribly smokey around here. The rain that we were hoping for on Tuesday never materialized. I'm coughing pretty much all the time and using my inhaler several times a day. Today my throat decided it's gonna be sore until things clear up. I sure would love a few days of rain right now.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment