"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/13/12

Coffee Beans Hat

Yesterday didn't go as planned. I adapted. It snowed all day long too. But last night, it finally started warming up enough to turn it to rain. Today the snow is melting and it's raining out.

So, a partial knitting report. I finished a hat.



Coffee Bean Hat

Pattern: The Boyfriend Hat by Stephanie Nicole.

Size: To fit a +/- 23 inch head.

Yarn: Coffee Beenz by Plymouth in 9003-Brown
Content: 75% Acrylic/25% Wool, worsted weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars in size 9.

Cast on: November 2, 2012
Bound off: November 9, 2012

Comments: I chose The Boyfriend Hat pattern because I like the way the stitch pattern (3x2 rib) is decreased for the crown. It's also a nice masculine style. I enjoyed knitting it. The pattern is written clearly and is easy to knit. The yarn is nice to work with too.



I have made this hat for the owner of the Calypso's coffee shop, where the Yarnies meet every Thursday, to thank him for being so kind and accommodating to us. I intend to give it to him this week. I chose the yarn because it's brown and called Coffee Beenz. What better yarn to use for a gift to a coffee shop owner?



Tomorrow I intend to do a WIP Wednesday post. We'll see how that goes.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment