"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/3/10

Arrowhead Shawl

The Arrowhead Shawl is officially done. Originally I was going to photograph the blocking process from beginning to end as a sort of tutorial kinda thing, but I changed my mind. I can do that, you know. Change my mind.

I decided to block it on my bed because all the fur kids were in the living room, just waiting for me to lay it out on the floor. It's hard to block things on the bed because it's kind of soft and squishy. I did the best I could.

Being blocked

 


ArrowHead Lace Shawl for Knitwits

Pattern:
ArrowHead Lace Shawl by DragonWing Arts
Size:  70 inches wide by 40 inches long.
Yarn: Simply Soft by Caron in Soft Blue #9172
Content:
100% Acrylic 
Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 10-32 inches.
Cast on: February 10, 2010
Bound off: February 28, 2010

Comments: Love the pattern. Very well written and easy to understand. It took a bit for me to memorize the stitch pattern, but I did memorize it. That's something. I would recommend this for inexperienced knitters as a first lace project.

As cheap acrylic yarn goes, I like Caron's Simply Soft. It's nice to work with.

Close up







Ruth consented to model if for me.








Countess Laceula


Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment