"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/18/10

Simple Woman's Daybook for February 18, 2010

The blog is going to be quiet for a few days. We're taking a trip to Santa Cruz to help my sister-in-law pack her mothers belongings and get her house ready to sell.



FOR TODAY
February 18, 2010

Outside my window...
Frost. It got cold last night! Sunshine. Hurray!

I am thinking...
about what knitting I'm going to pack. Socks, or the shawl? Hmmm...maybe both?

I am thankful for...
Randy, my hair stylist. She does such a beautiful job of cutting my hair.

From the kitchen...
A pile of dirty dishes. I'll have to take care of that problem.

I am wearing...
my jammies. Later it'll be jeans and a t shirt. I like to be comfortable when I'm traveling.

I am creating...

quite a mess on the dining room table as I block the afghan squares. I've got 12 done now.

I am going...
to Santa Cruz, California. It's been several years since our last trip down there. I'm looking forward to seeing blooming flowers and green leaves.

I am reading...
Star Trek: Mere Anarchy. I'll be taking it with me to read on the plane. I've decided to put my knitting in my checked bag.

I am hoping...
the flight goes smoothly. It's been a long time since I've had one of those (a smooth flight). I don't know why it wouldn't. It's a direct flight, only 2 hours long.

I am hearing...
snapping sounds as sunshine warms the back of the house. The frost is melting quickly.

Around the house...
Little craft piles I've made all over the living room. I will clean those up this morning.

One of my favorite things...
snorgling Tommy. He gets such a kick out of it and starts robbling. (When extra happy, Italian Greyhounds make a funny sort of sound in their throat that sounds like they're saying "robble robble robble...")

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Accomplishing the task set for Santa Cruz. We're photographing and packing all of Sue's mothers belongings into boxes for storage, and cleaning up the house. We probably won't get it all done, but we'll make a good sized dent in it. Doug and I will also be celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary while we're there. We have made reservations to have dinner at the Shadowbrook Restaurant in Capitola. We went there years and years ago and I've wanted to go back ever since. Wonderful atmosphere, wonderful food. (I had my first artichoke there. Mmmmm)

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...

"I wuv my piggy"


Have a great weekend.

If you want to join the Simple Womans Daybook, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment