"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/30/09

Strawberry Fizz-Pretty Enough to Eat

I am finally getting around to posting a pic of that first Bayerische sock I got done. It hasn't been blocked yet, so it's a little wrinkly.



I have also finished a beaded bead. It's name is Strawberry Fizz.




It's made of 4mm round crystals, size 11, and size 15 seed beads. There is a 20mm wood bead inside. This was a real challenge for me. I had to rip out a lot of rows before I got the right number to cover the bead properly.



I have a new hobby I'm dabbling in making Liqueurs. I started 2 batches of peach liqueur today. Tomorrow I add the sugar syrup to some raspberry liqueur I started 3 weeks ago. I have also made strawberry and banana. In all cases I've used fresh fruit. I'm producing some might tasty stuff, but I need more education on how to filter it after it's done. They're kind of cloudy cos there's bits of fruit and spice still floating in the liquid.

Well, that is the news for now. Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Love the socks (and all your knitting). Congrats on all the ribbons from the fair -- the shawl is particularly lovely! Gale

    ReplyDelete