"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/27/09

Fair Report 2009

I had 16 entries. I won 12 first place ribbons, 1 second place ribbon, and 1 third place ribbon. I am most proud of the third place ribbon for it was on my photograph of the butterfly's eye. It is very very difficult to get any ribbon in the photography dept. I am totally surprised I did.

Two items were not judged. My cross stitch picture has been damaged (and heads will roll). The mattes are all messed up. The only thing I can figure is they must have dropped it. They may have even broken, and replaced, the glass in the frame. I won't know for sure until I get it back. (If, per chance, you know what happened, please email me privately) I have logged a complaint. Because the mattes were messed up it was deemed unjudgable. I am horribly embarrassed to see it hanging on display that way with my name on it. I've always won 1st place ribbons on my cross stitch. I have a reputation being damaged because of something out of my control. Very frustrating.

I entered a bead knitted amulet necklace, but it was put in the wrong department so it wasn't judged. I think they have some bugs in the system over there at the fair. At least it wasn't damaged, so I will let it go.

I took pics, of course, but before you see them, I must brag. My darling daughter, Ruth, entered two knit items. She won a 1st place ribbon

Fingerless gloves

and a 2nd place ribbon.

Trilobite Hat

She's only been knitting for a year. I am so proud of her. Congratulations Ruth!!!!

Okay, the first place ribbons:

Fircone Lace Shawl

By the way, the shawl was inside out on display. I turned it right side out. sigh..

Cabled fingerless mitts

Knit beaded fingerless mitts

Russian stitches necklace and Bead crocheted necklace

Bead knit amulet bag

Smoked Barbecue and Cellini spiral necklaces, peyote bracelet.

Beaded ornament cover

Another beaded ornament cover


Daughters beaded bridal bouquet

2nd place ribbon

Mexican Waters Lattice Socks


There's a mistake in one of those socks, so I'm happy with this ribbon. It means the judges caught the mistake. (I was wondering if they would. LOL!)

Third place ribbon

Photograph: Eye of the Butterfly


Here's my cross stitch with the messed up mattes. See how the inner matte is not centered vertically?


What it's supposed to look like:


I spent about 3 hours at the fair looking at all the crafty and artsy entries. There are many talented people living around here. However, I had to go by myself and it just wasn't as fun.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment