"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/28/08

WOW! Entry for October 08

It's time for the October WOW! entry. I thought I'd taken a picture of this yarn in the skein last year when I bought it, but I can't find such a thing so I must be mistaken. Anyway, Sunday evening I started knitting with it before I realized I didn't have that supposed photo. Oh well.



This is a skein of Fearless Fibers Superwash Merino Wool Sock yarn in the Deep Forest colorway. As you can see, I am knitting socks again. These are to be a Christmas gift, to be precise (yes, it's that time again). I'm doing my own pattern.

You know I'm feeling better when I start knitting again. The Panic Attacks have stopped. I don't even need to take the Clonazepam anymore. What a relief! I still feel a little 'weird', but each day it gets a little better. I'm getting more energy each day too. I also did quite a bit of walking over the weekend. On Sunday my daughter Ruth went with me for a walk on the Parkarosa. We did almost a whole mile. Unfortunately my leg swelled right up afterward. I may have overdone it just a bit cos walking in the woods is harder than walking on pavement. There's lots of pine cones, branches, and weeds to wade through and over.

While on our walk we saw a grouse, and we found 3 wild apple trees with apples on them. Ruth took a whole bag of them back to school with her.

Now for a bit of nature. This tree is in my back yard. It is called a Tamarack tree. It is one of the few conifer trees that turn color in the fall and drop all their needles, like deciduous trees do. We don't have a lot of them on the Parkarosa, but a few miles drive from here are whole mountain loads of them.


They turn such a wonderfully bright shade of golden yellow that I had to share it with my readers. Here's a close up of the same tree.


That's all for now. Have a great evening.

1 comment:

  1. I love the socks and the yarn. It is a beautiful color. Your golden tree is beautiful! I have never seen such a conifer! They must not be native to New England. We have had a lot of beautiful color in my area this year but sadly it is waning! Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete