"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/29/08

WIP Wednesday 10/29/08


Since I have to put my leg up on pillows on a regular basis, and I'm feeling much better, the creative juices have begun to flow and I'm getting things done.

Yesterday I started assembling Pierre the Pirate. He has turned out to be quite a challenge to assemble too. The little pile of black beside him is his pirate hat and an eye patch. The instructions for the hat are hazy at best, so I'm not quite sure how I'm gonna do it. I hope Ravelry can give me some tips. Anyway, I want to get him done before next Wednesday so I can take him to the Knitwits meeting.


I started the sky on Dogwood & Hummingbirds.


And this is where I am on an ornament cover I started a couple weeks ago. I just have to finish the fringe and it's done.


I also knit a couple inches on the Deep Forest sock last night, and I started a pair of baby socks this morning. I've decided I can not go without my letter 'O' for October in the Sock A Month knitalong. Baby socks just take a couple hours or so to knit.

Today it's supposed to get up into the 60's. I see deck knitting in my immediate future.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Hummingbirds and dogwoods. Beautiful. I grew up on the East Coast where dogwoods are plentiful, but they are very rare in California, where I live now.

    That's one happy looking pirate! Totally delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, woman,where do you find all of this energy? Everything is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete