"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/12/08

Beadage has Happened

I got some beading done this week. I've made a pair of the cutest butterfly earrings ever. My friend Tami is celebrating a birthday today, so I made these for her.



I'll be having lunch with her today, along with a few other girlfriends, so I'll give them to her then. I used Czech fire polished crystals and size 15 seed beads. The pattern is an adaptation of one in the book Introduction to Beadwork Earrings, Brooches, Fringes, and Tassels by The Beadworkers Guild (Such a long title for such a small book!)

This months challenge on the Learn2Bead group is a cabochon surround. I started this one about 2 or maybe 3 months ago. Didn't get very far before it got shoved aside for more interesting things. (I do suffer from startitis when it comes to beading.) I decided to finish it in honor of the challenge.


The cab is a blue dyed slice of agate I bought for a buck at one of those souvenir shops inside a gas station/convenience store in Wallace, ID. I was killing time while waiting for Sweet Hubby to show up at the end of a long bike ride (He was riding. I was picking him up. I don't ride up mountains.) and decided to wander 'round inside the shop. They had quite a collection of rocks and agates.

The rumor still persists that the sunshine is coming today and for the weekend. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed. I really want nice weather for WWKIP day. It rained all day yesterday, along with thunder and lightening. At least it didn't snow!

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Love both the earrings and the cabochon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the earrings are just wonderful! so simple idea and so nice!

    It's in my plans to bead a cabochoh and I've bought already a few nice ones, the question is only - what (or who) can push me to start :-)
    may be I have to join your yahoo group?

    ReplyDelete