"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/29/08

Baby Surprise Begun

It's relentless! It's cruel, unmerciful, cold hearted as they come! I'm talking about the snow. We've got 2 new inches and 2 more will fall before this afternoon. I swear, Sweet Hubby almost started crying when he got up this morning. He's developed a real hatred for the snow blower. (I think if it didn't keep breaking, he'd feel a bit differently.) At least it's the fluffy powdery kind this time. He says he has to replace a rubber ring before he can blow again. Thankfully, we have a spare one so we won't have to wait a week.

(insert pic of me shaking my fist at the clouds) Stupid snow!

I have managed to do a bit of knitting through all this. Just a bit. I have started the Baby Surprise jacket. It took 3 tries to get something I'm happy with. I am using worsted weight acrylic of unknown origin because it's a Knit Wits project. I didn't like how stiff the fabric was feeling in garter stitch, so I am doing a stockinette version based on notes I've found on a blog called Panda Man's Knitting Corner. I am quite pleased with the results so far.



I'm going to put stripes in it using the browns and purples I was using in the frogged baby pinwheel sweater.

I have also decided on February's sock project. I've got a beautiful skein of Fearless Fibers superwash merino sock yarn in the Sublime colorway which is warm shades of brown. I'm going to make another pair of socks for my daughters boyfriend, Frank. He absolutely loves the ones I gave him for Christmas. And since he treats my daughter so fine, and is such a sweety, I think he deserves another pair of my super deluxe hand knit socks. I'm going to do 7x1 rib I think. Something quick and easy.

Found a contest at Tami Knits blog. Check it out.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment