"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/14/07

Christmas Knitting is Done

All the Christmas knitting I had planned is done. The last item blocked. This was the last one.

Garter Rib Wristwarmers/Gauntlets


Pattern: I made it up.
Yarn: Austermann Step
Color: #15 Navy
Needles: Addi Turbo size 2 lace circulars.
Gauge: 7 stitches to the inch


Now I can concentrate fully on the Lace cover up. I'm over halfway done with the hood.


Thought I'd share my other Works In Progress. My beading class preparations are taking up quite a bit of my time of late. I've been teaching bead crochet. I am crocheting along with the students, as usual. Here's the one I started for one class. Size 8 beads, size 8 thread. The beads are matte olive, matte silver lined pale yellow, and matte iris green/brown.


For the second class, I started this rope. It's an experiment.


All I've done in bead crochet is working with one size bead in a striped spiral pattern. Haven't been real adventuresome in this department yet. So I decided to try with two sizes of beads. I've got size 8's in silver lined purple, matte ab tan, and size 10 Charlotte's in amethyst iris. It's really interesting.


Tomorrow I'm starting a series on Dutch spiral. I've been doing one in pink as a model for the class.


Then, there's this.


About 2 years ago, just before I closed the shop, I was working on a sweater for Tommy from the book Dogs in Knits, the one on the cover. I'd made one for Morgan in red, and wanted one for Tommy too. The 'going out of business' sale, then packing up and clearing out, all got in the way, and the sweater got put on hold. It was put in a box and brought home. After I kind of settled down a bit, I got this sweater out to work on it. I found the sweater and the book, but could not find the yarn for it. Well, I found it yesterday. Hurray! (While I was looking for something else which I did not find, boo hiss boo!) It's about 3/4ths done. I will finish it after the holidays. I'll have to dump that cable needle sticking out of the yarn ball. I don't need it anymore. Heh heh....

This is a picture of the view out my back door this morning. We got a few inches of snow last night.


Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment