"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/19/07

Suuuuweeeee... Piggy Piggy Piggy

I put piggy together last night. Is this not a face to love?


Look at that cute little rump!


Here's the whole piggy.

The pattern is in Toy Knits by Debbie Bliss. You know, the whole thing is done in garter stitch. I wonder what would happen if I did this up as a beaded knit-perle 8 cotton, beads, and good ol' little 0000's? I bet that would be cool!

This is my Basic pattern for the book. Doesn't get any easier than this one. Now, to write it up in knitter usable form.


I'm doing laundry today, and cleaning house when I get done with this. One feels the need to run a vacuum over the carpet every so often.

This morning, when I let the dogs out for their first pee, I saw a coyote just in the edge of the trees at the bottom of the hill. This is the second time I've seen it in a week. This is cause for concern. Last year, in March, my little Tommy was attacked by a coyote and is very lucky to be alive. He had so many stitches all over him we started calling him Frankendog. I don't want that to happen again. It was way too traumatic for me, not to mention the checking account when we got the vet bill. I wonder what a b-b-gun would cost? I thought about a super soaker, but somehow I don't think a coyote would respect it.

Here's another great knitting blog I found.

Knitting on Impulse

This gal has the most beautiful photos. She's very good with color, and even has the most wonderful tutorials on color matching. If you get anxiety attacks every time you need to pick colors for a project-visit this gals blog. You will LEARN, guaranteed.

There will be no blogging tomorrow. Sweet hubby and I are heading to college to attend the annual Honors Convocation-which is an event honoring the brainy students. This will be Sarah's last one (straight A's!), and it's Ruth's first one (Dean's list-way to go Ruth!). So, as good parents, we're attending to support our girls. I get to spend the afternoon beaming with pride. How sweet is that!

Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, the coyotes are scary as you can testify. I don't think there's anything you can do to get rid of them, but if you find something be sure and let us know. Glad Tommy survived.

    The piggy is darling. Your bead work is beautiful. Thanks for letting me know about your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That green piggy is sweet!
    That coyote case must've been scary! I'm glad your dog made it.

    ReplyDelete