"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/18/07

I Hate Ebay

Sorry about that title, but that's the way I'm feeling right now. I don't know why I even bother with Ebay. Let me explain.

I was browsing around the web looking at lampwork beads a few days ago. I thought I'd take a gander at what's on Ebay and I found the most beautiful borosilicate lampwork pendant up for auction. It looked like an ocean wave at night-extremely stunning. So I bid on it. I was winning the auction. I really WANTED to win the auction. It ended earlier today. I thought I had it--but 7 seconds before the end some lowlife slipped in another $1.00 and I didn't have enough time to outbid them. I had the money--just no way to up it up. I lost--by one lousy buck and seven seconds!!!

I don't like how I feel right now. Sigh. I've had too many bad auction experiences. I'm not bidding on there anymore. It's just not worth the stress. If I can't "Buy It Now", I'm not buying it.

I've been browsing knitting blogs too. There are some really cool blogs out there by knitters. I'm starting a list of blogs I like to read. Here's two I'd like to make note of:

January One She uses Color in her knitting. Love it!

The Knitting Doctor You can get wonderful bread recipes, as well as knitting fun, here.

Frank,
If you're reading this, I know Sarah's b-day is coming up and you're probably wondering what to get her. I thought I'd make a suggestion or two. There's a new bead store in Coeur d'Alene called Creative Beading (or is it Creative Beads?). It's on the west side of Government way between Kathleen and Neider. There's a local lampwork artist who sells their focal pendants there (ask the sales clerk-she'll be glad to help). They're very reasonably priced, and whatever you pick out I can guarantee Sarah will LOVE!

Or, hop on over to Borders and get her a beading book.

Or go to Harmony yarns. It's on 3rd street, 3 blocks south of Pilgrims Foods, east side, next to Joann's Fabric and Craft and purchase 10 or 12 skeins worth of a nice yarn-any yarn, beautiful yarn-all the same dye lot. That'll give her enough to make something nice.

Love ya kiddo.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! And I discovered that if you put in an outrageous amount of money for bidding, Ebay only auto-bids you something slightly higher than the latest bid (supposing that the "maximum" amount you're willing to pay is greater than what someone else bids.) I probably should've told you that. Sorry it didn't go well. :(

    ReplyDelete