"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/3/24

Zoey's Sweater

Sharing WIPs today. This is the sweater I started for Zoey.


It's going to be a bright one. As I mentioned before, I'm recycling yarn from a previous sweater I made for Zoey. It was so loose on her. I frogged it. The green I'm using for the neck band has been in my stash for years. It's Cascade Pacific yarn. I'm throwing in some leftover purple from the last sweater I made me too, and the teal used for the bands on the frogged sweater. 

I've had a major setback on the socks. I ran out of the blue yarn. I thought I had a second skein, but I'm wrong. I was going to order another from Webs, which is where the first skein came from, but they are out. In fact, I could only find one place on the Internet that has it, but it's in England and they want $25 for shipping. Not happening.

I've decided to frog back to the beginning of the heel and use the white for heels and toes. That will give me enough blue yarn to finish the pair.



I find it looks better.  I'm also so glad I started my Christmas knitting early!

The wild fires are getting worse. There's been some lightning and it's starting them. We've had a couple within just a few miles of us. Fortunately the fire department has been timely in getting them beat down right away. In the meantime, the smoke has descended on us. It's thick enough to smell it, but not blocking out the mountains yet.

When we first moved here we didn't get nearly as many fires as we do now. It's making me very nervous.

Still using the phone to blog. I can't handle the weight of the laptop on me yet. My leg is healing pretty good. Some of the swelling has gone down and it doesn't look so purple. Pain level has gone down quite a bit too.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment