"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/24/23

The Glass Snowflake Star Ornament

 I've made my very first 3-D peyote stitched Star ornament.



The pattern is The Glass Snowflake Star from Crystalstargems on Etsy. The star is made by constructing 5 warped squares in peyote stitch, then sewing each square together to form a star. Here is a close up of one point so you can see the pattern better. The main color is clear. I used a very pale lilac with a darker shade lilac for the geometric patterns.



Inside there is a support tube made with peyote stitch that helps support the shape, but I admit I did stuff the whole thing. I used plastic wrap in hopes that light will go through it. There's a flat crystal in the center of each side. This helps to hold the inside support in place.



The pattern has just one crystal bicone and then a delica on each point. I used some very sparkly round crystals with a small 3mm bicone crystal and then the delica.



The star took a lot more time to do than I expected. I really love how it turned out though. I'm looking forward to hanging it on my tree this year.


I had a nice Thanksgiving. It was low key this year. A total of seven of us for dinner, not including Zoey. We still managed to have enough food for 20 people. I made Strawberry Jello salad, the stuffing, an apple pie which didn't get touched, and a Raspberry Victoria Cake


It turned out almost perfect. I'm getting better at the cake making thing. That whipped cream looks so white and it was so good! The filling included raspberry jam. Goodness, it was so delicious, we didn't eat any of the other desserts.

Tonight we had the annual Park family Leftovers dinner at Dan's house. So much delicious food. This time the pies were eaten. I didn't take the leftover cake because there wasn't enough left to bother hauling it over there.

Making progress on the socks. The first one turned out just a little bit big so I'm making the second one shorter. After it's done, I'll frog the first one back and shorten the foot. I'll be much happier if I do that.

In the meantime, I've decided not to make the first socks I started yet. I don't have time before I have to send this stuff to it's destination. I found a very nice hat pattern with Octopus on it. I've ordered the yarn and it should be here next week.  After Christmas I'll go back to the first socks and make them for Opal's birthday, which is in January.

That is all for now.

Live long and prosper. \\//





My nephew Jonny and his family made the rest of the meal. 

1 comment: