"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/10/23

Another Hat For KnitWits

 Finished this a few weeks ago. 


Pattern: Basic Norwegian Hat by Cara Jo Knapp

Size: Medium Adult

Yarn: American Thread Company Dawn Sayelle
Content: 100%  Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Bluebell

Yarn: Joann's Big Twist
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Black

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Saffron

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: September 6, 2023
Finished: September 9, 20223

Comments: Trying to use up some of the yarn leftovers from Layette sets. By the way, this is a great pattern for a beginner in stranded knitting.

Not real happy with the above picture because I took it with the join line in front. I usually put it in the back, out of sight. I was in a hurry. Oops. I need to learn how to knit in the round without the jog. The inside looks good though.



I've already turned it in, so no new pics.



It's raining today, after having a glorious 75F sunny day yesterday. I took most of the chair cushions in for the winter, but two were wet so I left them figuring I'd let them dry out and put them away today. I'm wishing I'd checked the weather report. Now they're really wet! The day has been very dark and dreary. I've been doing house work and laundry. Blech.

My Marigolds on the deck are still going strong.



I was looking as some old pictures and found they were still in bloom in the beginning of October last year too. Maybe this is going to be a more permanent change in our weather. I would like that because I could grow tomatoes.

Live long and prosper.\\//



No comments:

Post a Comment