"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/20/23

WIP Wednesday September 20, 2023

 Current knitting wips. Cardigan for my next Layette set. The dark teal has a sparkly thread in it.



First Christmas knitting. Starting a little early this year. It will be a pair of socks. I found a super cool pattern on Ravelry that combines slip stitch and twisted stitches. I've chosen a turquoise and a coral for the colors. 



Several weeks ago I started a pair of mittens that were going to have cats on them. Well, I couldn't get the gauge required. I tried using a slightly thicker yarn and that didn't work either, so I chucked it until further notice. Last week I dug around in my library and I've found another pattern with cats that is similar. I will get that going after the above socks are done.

My kitty, Merino, is sick. Came down with something last night. Started peeing and pooing and lots of projectile vomiting. Poor little guy. He was still sick this morning and now he has bloody diarrhea. I called the vets office and they have no time available. Not one minute! What the.....?! She said call at 7:30 tomorrow morning and maybe they can fit him in then. Good grief. We've decided to keep a close eye and call in the morning. If that doesn't work, I'll have to call someone in Coeur d'Alene. Sigh. He's been sleeping all day, except for a brief time in a lap where he purred because of the scritches.

In the meantime, our weather really cooled off this week. They're talking snow in the mountains and frosty mornings. It rained a little bit this morning, temps in the 60's. The sun came out later this afternoon. Last week was great! Perfect temperatures. Clean air. I spent time on the deck.

That's it for now.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment