"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/8/23

Quick Ombre Hat 2 for KnitWits

 After finishing the layette set, I made this hat. I really like this pattern. It's a fun knit.



PatternQuick Ombré Hat by Emily Dormier
Size: Medium Adult

Yarn: American Thread Company Dawn Sayelle (Discontinued)
Content: 100% Dupont Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Bluebell

Yarn: Unknown acrylic (Probably Red Heart based on my experience.)
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Bright Pink

Needles: Circular size 8

Started: May 19, 2023
Finished: May 23, 20223

Comments: Trying to use up some of the leftovers from the last two layette sets. I still have enough to do another hat or two

The crown is gathered.



The colors go good together.


It was so hot yesterday and today. Got up in the 90's. About 3 this afternoon, though, the heat spell broke. We got a real rip roaring thunder storm for about 2 hours. After that it just rained for the rest of the day. Supposed to rain during the night too. We needed it, so I'm happy.

Bicycle is washed and dried. All the dirt came out. Even the coffee stain. Waiting for the weekend. I think I can find time to frame it then. Keeping my fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I want to do a small cross stitch project, since the last 4 have been pretty intense. Something that will take a lot less than 2-3 years to complete. Found a wonderful pattern that is a knitting sampler. It requires 4 shades of Pink. I'm gonna do Purples. I am chuffed! Both crafts in one project. Can't ask for better than that. 

I'm using 14 count cotton Aida and got the fabric cut and the edges sealed so they don't unravel today. I used Fray Check this time. It's a fabric glue/sealer designed specifically for this purpose. It's clear, but a little stiff when it dries. Doesn't bother me though. It works very well. 

I zigzagged the edges on Bicycle. I think I did that because I couldn't find my Fray Check. I knew exactly where it was today. My swiss cheese brain at work.

I have decided to try gridding my fabric. It would make it a lot easier to count if I do that so, hopefully, less mistakes. I'm gonna look up some YouTube videos on the various ways to do it and pick the one I think will work best for me. I'm always good for learning new skills to make my crafting better.

I've heard that a person can purchase pre-gridded fabric. I will have to look into that.

Live long and prosper. \\//







No comments:

Post a Comment