"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/24/23

Buffalo Plaid In Beads

 I finished this Christmas ornament some weeks ago, except for the little gold crown. Finally got that done last week, and some pictures today.

I have been on a Buffalo Plaid kick lately, so when I saw this pattern, I had to make it.


The pattern is Cozy Plaid 21PBL024 from ladylunarcat.com. This is made by making a series of 20 triangles and then sewing them together. It calls for 3 colors of Miyuki size 11 Delica beads. I stuffed it with chips of memory foam, available in the craft department of Amazon.com.



This particular pattern includes instructions for making a little crown for hanging it on a Christmas tree, or display stand as the case may be. I liked it so much I made some for the other two balls I finished too.



I had a lot of fun making it. The pattern is pretty easy to follow. There are lots of pictures, and there's both colored graphs and word chart. I'm looking forward to putting this little beauty on my tree next Christmas.


This designer has this plaid in a 3D Star ornament pattern too, which I have. I don't have enough beads in the colors required to start it, so I'm going to have to wait until I can order more.

Last weekend was a busy one for the Park family. We held a memorial service for Sue, my sister-in-law, who passed away last November from cancer. It was held at her husband, Dan's, house. When we all get together it's amazing how much we can do. We cleaned up Dan's yard, obtained tents, tables, table cloths, chairs, flowers, and made tons of food, set it all up, and took it all down afterward. About 80 people showed up. Lots of family came from out of town and it was so good seeing each other. Sue's workmates came too. We all told stories about Sue. The whole thing was wonderful. It was exactly what Sue would have wanted.

The weather has been gorgeous. It was perfect for Sue's memorial, and I've been spending lots of time out on the deck enjoying it. We did have one day of rain last week, and we were glad to get it.

I need to do a WIP post. I've got some projects going.

Live long and prosper. \\//




No comments:

Post a Comment