"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/9/22

This Weeks WIPs

 I have good news. I'm feeling so much better this morning. The panic attacks have stopped, at least, for today. Haven't had to take a Xanax at all. I feel human again. My doctor has prescribed a new asthma medication for me (Symbicort), but I'm a little afraid to take it after the last few weeks. I've not had one asthma attack since I stopped taking the Trellegy Ellipta. Even with smoky air. That tells me it really wasn't working for me at all, but was making things worse.

I had plans to spend my day out on the deck working on a new project, but the smoke is thick, so I have to stay indoors. Blogging it is. Here are pics of what I'm currently working on.

I have started a Christmas present. It's a jacket with bears on it. I'm working on the back piece. I'm loving it! I may have to make one of these for myself.


I may have mentioned I've finished a pair of green slippers. Still need blocking. I'll take pics later. I have started a second pair in blue. They're made with bulky yarn, so I'm putting two strands of worsted together. They are also knitted flat and seamed. This is part of the sole. They're super easy to sew together and only takes a short time, so I'm not bothering to figure out how to make them in the round. I think I'd involve Judy's Magic Cast on to do it though.


That's it for knitting, for now.

I don't know if this shows very well, but I wanted to share this petunia. For years, I've planted petunias in pots on my deck and never had one thrive. Oh, they hobble along, surviving best they can, making pretty flowers, but I've never had one drape like this one is. I figured out the secret. A dose of Miracle Gro every 2 weeks.


Here's a close up. They're deep blue with tiny white dots.


Well, that's it for now.

Live long and prosper. \\//



No comments:

Post a Comment