"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/22/22

WIP Wednesday June 22, 2022

 I've got a new WIP to share. But first, I want to let you know I have finished Lovelia, the cardigan and pants for my new niece. I just have to make a hat and some socks and the set will be complete. No pictures until the complete set is done.

In the meantime, here's the start of a wonderful fairisle hat I'm making for KnitWits.


This is The Bonnie Hat, the official hat of this years Shetland Wool Festival, which I can't go to cuz it's on another continent far far away, but I love the hat patterns they put out every year. This one will have ship anchors on it, and waves. A decidedly ocean theme, and very masculine. Since KnitWits is short on mens hats, I'm whipping one up. I'm using machine washable sock yarns.

The Choke Cherry trees have been blooming this past week. I thought I'd take some pictures. I think they're beautiful, and the flowers smell like cherry blossoms. We start with this one with a sunbeam glowing.



This is the top of the tree.



Here is a close up. I love the tentacles reaching out with a little spot of pollen on them.


They're such a beautiful shade of cream.



I took a picture of this wildflower in hopes someone will know what it is.



For some reason I thought it was Milkwort, or maybe Figwort, but I am not remembering correctly. I know it's in one of my wildflower books. I have 3. I can't find one of them and that's the book this flower is in. Urgh. If you can identify it, please leave a comment?

Here is a close up. They grow about 12 to 18 inches tall, but the leaves stay low on the ground. The flowers are about a quarter inch and stay cupped with those bright yellow stamens peaking out. They don't open all the way up. They're covered in soft thin hair which I find fascinating.



Well, that's all for today.

Live long and prosper. \\//


2 comments: