"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/22/21

Sarah's Kep

 I found myself having a craving to knit another kep. I didn't need one. I just wanted to make one. I was digging in my stash for something and ran across a bag of 5 colors of sock yarn that I had planned for a kep. Well, no time like the present.



PatternFair Isle Fisherman's Kep by Anne Sinclair
Size: Adult

Yarn: Drops Fabel Uni Color
Content: 75% Super wash Wool/25% Polyamide, Fingering Weight
Colors: 105 (Dark Turquoise)

Yarn: Drops Fabel Uni Color
Content: 75% Super wash Wool/25% Polyamide, Fingering Weight
Colors: 110  (Rust)

Yarn: Drops Fabel Uni Color
Content: 75% Super wash Wool/25% Polyamide, Fingering Weight
Colors: 100  (Off White)

Yarn: Hayfield Regal Discontinued
Content: 80% Super wash Wool/20% Nylon, Fingering Weight
Colors: 263 (Brown Heather)

Yarn: Hayfield Regal Discontinued
Content: 80% Super wash Wool/20% Nylon, Fingering Weight
Colors: Light Teal Heather (Number unknown)

Needles: Circular size 2 and 4

Started: March 21, 2021
Finished: April 18, 2021

Comments: This is such a fun pattern to knit. Almost like potato chips. You can't stop at making one. I will be sending this to my daughter for her birthday because these are colors she loves. I didn't plan it that way. It just happened.

Two of the yarns used are Hayfield Regal Fingering that have been discontinued a long time.

This is a side view.



 From above.



Close up of one of the two main stitch patterns.



More stitch pattern detail.



This time I did a tassel as suggested by the pattern.



View of the other side.



I'm pleased with how this one turned out.


Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment