"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/7/20

WIP Wednesday

 How about the wips. Making progress on the pants.


I think I'm going to take that white pattern at the bottom out and do it in red, like the jacket. I'm almost to the bottom rib. The pattern requires increasing from 48 sts to 72 for the rib. That seems like an awful lot to me.

This jacket is one my daughter started for me months ago. She was going to test knit the larger size in my new Polka Dot Set pattern. But she ran out of yarn at this point, so she stopped working on it. I asked her if I could take it over and finish it. So that's what I'm going to do.


I took it with me to KnitWits today and got lucky. Jan brought the black yarn to the meeting. I dug around in the bag and found a few skeins that might work. We'll see. I need to figure out how to finish this thing if they don't.

Still haven't set up the C-PAP machine. I think I'm going to have to retire my clock radio. We really can't afford to buy new night stands.

We have had absolutely gorgeous weather this week. I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can. Colder weather is on its way.

There is a cricket in our sunroom. It's doing it's cricket song. I've tried twice to find it but it goes quiet as soon as I step in the room, no matter how quiet I am. I suspect it's in the plant by the window. I guess I'll have to depend on the cats to catch it. That's assuming they catch crickets. I can't say I've ever seen either of them do that.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment