"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/28/20

Ramblings

Well, this is interesting. Since my last post, Blogger programmers have messed around with the post creator. Looks like everything is different. Rats! I hate it when they do that. The formatting is all messed up. Darn it! This is gonna take awhile.

Since my last post, there has been no change in my cough. My frustration level is off the charts. I did the sleep apnea test. It showed I have sleep apnea and yesterday a brand new C-PAP machine was delivered. I haven't unpacked it yet. Haven't figured out where I'm going to put it.

We got rain, which got rid of the smoke that was surrounding the house. Many of the fires are out, or under control. It's lovely to have clean air again.

Things have happened in my life the last few weeks that have not been good, but I do not wish to write about them. Let's just say the stress level in my life is off the charts. I've turned to beading, as well as knitting, to help me cope. When I'm beading, I don't think of anything else. I've started another Peytwist necklace.


So far, so good. It's taking about an hour an inch. It's a fairly easy pattern ,surprisingly. I was able to memorize it fairly quickly so I don't have to keep referring to the pattern chart. That speeds up the process.

I have finished knitting the 48th layette set.



I still need to put on a button, make some laces, and a pompom, and block of course. I currently am crocheting a shell edging on the blanket.


I've slowed down on the outfit for the nephew's baby. The baby arrived two and a half weeks ago. He's adorable. I have been working on the pants,


but haven't been enjoying it. Makes it hard to finish when that happens. Baby Everett has some growing to do before he'll fit in it anyway, so I have a little bit of time to get the set done.

Fall has arrived. No dinking around with it either. One day it's summer, the next it's fall. I've actually had to turn on the heat it's been so chilly. The days are getting significantly shorter too. Winter is on its way. Sigh.

Husband Doug has pretty much finished his thesis. Now he's going for his doctorate. He's got 3 classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. He's teaching a class too. He goes in to school to teach the class then comes home for the classes he's taking because they are being done online.

I am so so tired of the pandemic. I miss some of the activities I used to do. I'd love to be able to go to a restaurant, sit, and enjoy a meal. I especially miss Applebee's. However, until it's subsided to an acceptable level, I am continuing the mask wearing and social distancing.

That's about all the news for now. Until next time.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment