"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/2/20

Layette Set 47

Some updates.

This evening I'm going in for an overnight sleep apnea test. Still coughing. I'm very frustrated with all this right now.

Last Saturday I got a Covide19 test. It's required for the sleep apnea test. Man, it hurt. I thought they used q-tips. Nope. It's a long hard plastic stick and it hurt like heck when they pushed it into my sinuses. I will get the results tonight.

Sweet Hubbie's Thesis is done, but he's having trouble getting his presentation and defense scheduled. In the meantime, school has started and he's going for his PHD in Computer Science.

The wildfire season has arrived. The house is surrounded by smoke from fires hundreds of miles away. I am not knitting on the deck with this stuff going on. I cough too much as it is.

Another frustration in my life is the Rathdrum Library knitting group can not meet at the library because they're using their meeting room for quarantining books that have been checked out. We've been meeting at the Rathdrum City Park, which has been delightful, but I don't know what we're going to do when the weather turns cold. I don't knit in snow.

On to the fun. Layette set 47 is finished.


I am loving the bright colors. 

The cardigan


PatternSuper Natural Stripes by Fawn Pea

Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Blue

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color:  Bright Yellow

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color:  Red

Needles: Circular size 6 and 8

Started: August 6, 2020
Finished: August 23, 2020

Comments: The button on this cardigan inspired this whole set. I was at Joann's some time last year. Saw a package of buttons with cars, stop signs, etc. They were so cute! I found some appropriate fabric to go with them. A project is born.



The Hat



Pattern: In my head. Not published.

Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Blue

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color:  Bright Yellow

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color:  Red

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: August 25, 2020
Finished: August 26, 2020

The Booties


Pattern: My own. Not published

Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Blue

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color:  Bright Yellow

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color:  Red

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: August 27, 2020
Finished: August 28, 2020

The Blanket



Pattern: Shell stitch

Size: 30 by 36 inches

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color:  Bright Yellow

Hook: Size G

Started: August 29, 2020
Finished: August 30, 2020



On to the next one!

I am working on the pants for the baby snow set. I discovered over the weekend that I'd made a rather bad mistake so I've had to start over. It's looking much better knit correctly. Pics later.

I'm taking some knitting tonight. I expect to be waiting for things occasionaly. Hope I sleep. It's not a situation conducive to it, that's for sure.

Live long and prosper. \\//

 




No comments:

Post a Comment