"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/23/20

Yesterdays WIP Wedensday-4/23/2020

I had intended to do this yesterday, but instead I spent my time beading, and doing house cleaning kinds of things. Here's what I'm working on this week.



It's a Peyote With A Twist project. I actually started doing another one a couple weeks ago or so that is black and white Houndstooth Check(HC), but it was not turning out right. I was messing up somehow. This pattern above, which I call black and white plaid, but the designer has named Square Houndstooth Check, is an easier pattern to read. It has a 20 row repeat, whereas the HC has a 47 row repeat and is much more complicated to read. Besides, the plaid is super cool looking.

I spent most of the day trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I figured it out, and now the pattern is coming out correctly. I was reading the word chart incorrectly, for one, and when I was getting to the edge join part, I was doing it wrong too.

There are basically two types of Peytwist patterns. Single and Double Join. These two patterns are both Double Join, which I'd not done before. I was going into the join edge at the correct place, but coming out again to start the next row from the wrong place. I won't tell you how I was reading the word chart wrong cuz it's embarrassing. I'm just glad I figured it all out and I'm doing it correctly now.

I've been working a little bit on the dog sweater. I seem to have kind of lost a bit of knitting mojo of late. I think the cowl is to blame. I need to finish it so it will be off my back. Anyway, I'm quite happy with how the dog sweater is doing. I've just been winging it as I go and it's awesome. The measurements for a good fit are spot on so far. I'm at the point where I'm decreasing the back sides.



Not a particularly feminine look, but Zoey and I don't care.

This project has inspired another one for a dog sweater. I ordered yarn from Joann's for it. Why drive down there and endanger my life if I can get it delivered to my front door? It arrived this week.

I have another yarn order that is not going so well. I want to make a Kep using natural wool colors. I ordered some from an Etsy seller on April 5th. It has not been shipped yet, and when I went back to the shop to look around a bit (maybe a message about shipping delays because of the Pandemic?), I discovered it's gone. The shop is no longer on Etsy. So I sent a message to the shop owner and have not heard back. I fear I'm out the money and no yarn is coming. It wasn't very much money, but when the hubby is unemployed, it hurts more than it would normally.

I've worked a few rows on the fairisle mittens. Not enough to bother with pics though.

Well, I need to start dinner so I'm gonna sign off. Keep healthy during this pandemic.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. Regarding the yarn order...did you pay with a credit card? If yes, give them a call and stop the payment. They might be able to get the money refunded to your card. Sorry this happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate. I am planning to register a complaint with Etsy, as well as Paypal. I always use Paypal when possible for this very reason. ;-)

      Delete