"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/30/20

Pandemic Journal 4/30/2020

So the Covid 19 Pandemic continues on. All in this house are tired of it, but staying at home is the best thing to do. I did get out today for about 30 minutes to pick up some refills from the drug store and restock some items from the liquor store next door. It felt so good to be out. I also picked up lunch at Paul Bunyans and brought it home. We like their burgers.

I've got an update on the WIPs. I've finished the main knitting on the dog sweater.



There are lots and lots of ends to weave in. One of the prices one must pay to knit fairisle. I sat out on the deck and worked on it after lunch. I'm really liking this thing, ends and all.

I got the grafting done on the cowl. It looks awful.


The white row between 2 blue rows just above where the yarn end is on the side is the grafted row. It's fine, but the 2 blue rows are all loose and ugly. I'm going to carefully pull on the leg of each stitch to even them out and then weave in the excess I guess. Not a job I'm looking forward to, but I can't leave it like it is. My pride in workmanship is too strong.

I started a baby cardigan.



I've got a funky design idea involving hounds-tooth check and some stripes. We'll see how it goes.

I've been spending the most of my time on the plaid peytwist. It's about 9 inches long. Only 11 inches left to go.



It takes 2 hours or so to make one inch. It's very slow going, but I'm enjoying it. I'm really enjoying being able to see what I'm doing. So glad I got that eye surgery.

Next week I'm supposed to have the monthly KnitWits meeting. But with the Pandemic, the senior center will not be open, so we're not having one. Instead, our leader is going to have those who need to drop off finished items and pick up more yarn come to her house. She has a huge one and it should be easy to maintain social distancing this way. I'm not going cuz I have plenty of yarn and I can wait to turn in my one baby set.

Another thing I've been doing during this shut in is watching all the seasons of Survivor. I love that show. I started at season 1, episode 1, and am working my way through them. I'm up to season 12 already. It's bringing back some great memories.

I've been able to spend quite a bit of time outside on the deck. It's been wonderful. We had a few days in a row where it was very nice out. Then it rained a couple days ago, and it was nice today. Rain is on it's way, along with thunderstorms for tomorrow and Saturday. I hope it's dry on Sunday. I'd like to do some work in the yard.

This afternoon I found my bag of fabric and patterns for the blouses I was going to make last summer (it all got put away cuz company was coming over). I might get it out and do some sewing over the next couple weeks. I could use a new blouse or two.

That's what I've been doing.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment