"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/13/19

Milo

Milo is finished.



Pattern: Milo by the Berroco Design Team

Yarn: Dark Horse Yarns Fantasy
Content: 50% Nylon/50% Acrylic, Aran weight
Color: 23 Forest

Yarn: Dark Horse Yarns Fantasy
Content: 50% Nylon/50% Acrylic, Aran weight
Color: 32 Wine

Yarn: Knitpicks Mighty Stitch
Content: 80% Acrylic/20% Wool, Worsted weight
Color: Alfalfa

YarnKnitpicks Mighty Stitch
Content: 80% Acrylic/20% Wool, Worsted weight
Color: Blue

Needles: Circular size 6 and 8

Started: September 7, 2019
Finished: November 11, 2019

Comments: This has been an interesting and fun knit. The stitch pattern is actually more challenging than it looks. One row stripes present some interesting challenges. I learned some new things while working on it. I like learning new things.



In addition to the stripes, there's texture too. It's a very nice design. I would not recommend this pattern for a beginner though. 



About the yarns I chose to make this with. Both of them feel wonderful and were nice to knit with. I chose the Dark Horse yarn because a friend offered them to me. I don't know how this is going to wear. I noticed it's pilling already. I will need to let Frank know how to deal with them. 



The Mighty Stitch is not pilling though. I love it. It's a very nice quality for the price.



The two major Christmas knitting jobs are done. I'm happy about that. I even finished them early. Now I will finish Margaret (I hope to get her done before my eye surgery) and start something new. I cast on yesterday for a pair of real Argyle socks. I've been wanting to learn how to make them for some time. 

Argyle is knit with Intarsia. I need 11 bobbins, which I've ordered cuz I can't find the bobbins I know I already own. They should be here soon. In the meantime, I'm well on my way to having the ribbing done on the first sock. I've also found some YouTube videos and web sites with tutorials and helpful information which I'll be sharing as I knit the socks.

Something wonderful has happened this week, besides finishing some knitting. A Ravelry member, who I don't know, happened to wander into my Ravelry notebook and saw all my charity knitting. She has offered to send me a box of yarn to help me. Isn't that wonderful? More layette sets and mittens are in my KnitWits future. There are some very kind people in the world.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment