"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/29/19

The Eye Has It. The left one, that is.

This year my eyesight has steadily been declining, not just far away vision, but the close up vision too. I'm constantly feeling like there's a big fat greasy fingerprint in the middle of the left lens of my glasses. It's the main reason I stopped beading. I can't see the darn things. I am also having a great deal of difficulty with eye strain. It doesn't take much for me to get a headache from it lately. In addition, the road signs are starting to get blurry. When that happens it's time to see the optometrist.

Unfortunately, the place where I've gotten my eyes checked for the past decade or so has gone out of business, so I had to try some place new. I visited a new to me optometrist yesterday. I like him. He knows what he's doing. He said new glasses are out for now. I have a bad cataract in my left eye. No amount of cleaning that greasy fingerprint is gonna help. I am now scheduled for surgery on November 20th. Joy joy. It's considered a bloodless surgery so I won't have to take Lovenox. HURRAY!

Oh, but the hoops I must jump through though. Our medical insurance requires me to see my regular doctor to get a referral for the ophthalmologist. The optometrist's word is not enough. So I have to spend an extra 80 bucks for a referral from a doctor who probably knows very little about cataracts. I see a scam there, but oh well. No knitting group for me today. I'm scheduled to see him this afternoon.

Now that I know what is wrong with my vision, that cataract is really bothering me. I'm glad I'm getting something done about it quickly.

I am scheduled for consultation with the ophthalmologist next week. I have to be there at 7:50 am. Good grief! Who gets up that early? Ophthalmologists, apparently.

It's all happening very quickly though. I guess that's a good thing.

In the meantime, I knit a matching hat, then blocked, put the shoulders together, and knit up the button/neck band on the baby cardigan.



Sewing up the sleeves is next. I still haven't blocked Milo. It'll come eventually. My next cast on will be for the booties to go with this set.

Weather report. Last week was cold and rainy most of the time, though we did have one very beautiful 64 degree sunny day. The trees are gorgeous in Coeur d' alene right now. I wish I'd had my camera with me last Thursday. There are 3 maples on Northwest Blvd, south of Hw.95 exit, that are breathtaking.

Yesterday the weather did a major change over. It started out okay, in the 40's. Then in the afternoon the temperature dropped like a stone very quickly, then it snowed, winded, and when I got up at 8am this morning it was 6 degrees out. It's clear and sunny, but friggin' cold. There's a bit of snow on the ground. A northern weather front has blown down upon us. It plans to stay a few days. Its still October! Thank you Canada. Guess I will drag out the winter coat today.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment