"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/26/19

Zoey Gets A New Sweater

Earlier this month when I knew I was close to finishing the knitting on Margaret I started a new sweater for Zoey. Zoey loves to wear sweaters. They come in real handy when we go camping for those early morning pee walks, and during the winter months.



Pattern: Basic Coat from A Dogs Life by Patons
Made For: Zoey

Size: Large

Yarn: Premier Yarns Everyday Worsted Multis, Prints
Content: 100% Acrylic
Color: Lagoon

Yarn: Impeccable Solids by Loops & Threads
Content: 100% Acrylic
Color: Aqua

Needles: Circular size 6 and 7

Started: August 7, 2019
Finished: August 23, 2019

Comment: I decided to knit this in the round so there wouldn't be a seam. It's just more comfortable to wear that way. That means I had to knit the parts between the legs separately and back and forth, then join in the round after the leg openings. Not a difficult thing to do.



I also did a 4 by 1 garter rib pattern instead of plain stockinette, which I think is what's on the cover of the book, though I didn't notice until after I'd finished the sweater.



Zoey was sitting in front of me on the recliner when I was finishing up her sweater.



It was like she was guarding me so no one could interrupt until I was done.



When I was done I said "All done Zoey." She promptly hopped down onto the floor and sat in sweater loading mode. I put it on her. It fits perfect. She was so excited she started racing around the house! I've never seen a dog that loved wearing sweaters like she does.

Some may think knitting sweaters for my dog is silly. She has thin hair with almost no undercoat. If you could see her underside, you would see she has spots that have absolutely no hair whatsoever. She's a warm weather dog. Besides, how could a person not knit sweaters for this face?



I mean, be reasonable!

Live long and prosper. \\//

3 comments:

  1. I love the sweater! Is this a pattern you might write up to sell? If so, I would absolutely buy it. I've always wanted to try my hand at knitting a pup sweater. And Zoey is precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. This pattern is in the book "A Dogs Life" by Patons.

      Delete
  2. Zoey is such a cutie. And a wonderful sweater model!

    ReplyDelete