"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/13/19

WIP Wednesday February 13, 2019

It's WIP Wednesday and I have something to post.

I finished 4 panels on Margaret Tudor, which I haven't taken pics of because I didn't want to. After the 4th panel, I started another layette set because KnitWits.



I have 3 pieces of the orange and teal fleece so I'll be working with those colors for awhile.

I also started a sewing project. I intended to sew this before Christmas because it was going to be a present, but then life got in the way so I'm doing it now.



I'm about a fourth done with it, and I'm very proud of how it's looking so far. I got the outside part done. It has 4 pockets in it, plus a strap, and a velcro tab for closing. My best sewing job in a long time. I'm making a circular needle case. Only 10 pockets left to make. I found a very old McCall's pattern for it on Ebay last summer.

The last few days it has been snowing, and snowing, and snowing. It's a good 3 feet deep in the back yard. The snow falling off the roof is up about a foot above the windowsills.



The freeways and highways are in various stages of being opened or closed because the conditions are so dangerous. We didn't even have knitting yesterday.

Right now the sun is shining, giving us a much needed break. More snow is expected tonight and for the next week. Winter is making up for the mildness of it's beginning. We're okay. There's lots of food in the house, and I've got tons of knitting, beading, cross stitch, and sewing projects that I can do.

Live long and prosper. \\//

10 comments:

  1. It's just been raining down here in Boise. The foothills has snow on it, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is very nice. Wish to see much more like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really very informative and creative contents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so much hilarious blog, Anyways thanks for posting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to sharing with us !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a coworker who had been conducting a little homework on this.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending time to discuss this topic here on your website.

    ReplyDelete