"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/25/18

It's Indigo Blue!

My cell phone battery, in a Motorola Moto X, which I've had for a few years, would no longer hold a charge more than 4 hours. The battery could not be replaced because it was firmly glued in. (Needless to say, that pisses me off a bit. $500 for a phone and you can't replace the battery?). I've been living with it like that for months and months. It's been very frustrating. Well, I finally had enough and I bought a new phone.

I looked for a smart phone that had good battery life, at least 32 gigs, a nicer camera than the old phone, a model from 2018, and all for under $200. I know that last one is asking a lot, but I found one!

It's a Motorola Moto G6 Play Indigo Blue.  Silly me wanted to know what that Indigo Blue in the name meant, so I googled it. Turns out, that is the color of the phone's case. I felt rather silly after that. I found the phone on Amazon. It's an exclusive Prime deal. So glad I'm a Prime member.



My phone arrived Tuesday morning and I spent the day moving my old phone stuff into my new phone. It was not as easy as they'd like you to believe, but eventually I got it all transferred.

It's a pretty phone. The blue is so deep it's almost black, and very shiny.



I'm very happy with it. It's a little bigger than my old phone, so the screen is easier for my eyes to read. The screen resolution is actually less than my old phone, but that just means everything is a little larger-again making it easier for me to read. The camera is amazing, and it's a 32 gig phone, so I've got lots of room now. My old one was giving me messages of being full, so periodically I had to go through and delete something. It has fingerprint security, which is kind of cool. The print reader is on the back, under the camera. It came with a clear silicone case too, so I don't have to purchase one.

The hardest thing for me to do was to get my favorite ringtone into the phone so I could use it. Gotta have the theme to Star Trek TOS as my ringtone. I eventually figured it out.

And that is enough about my new phone.

Live long and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment