"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/1/17

WIP Wednesday 3/1/2017

It's WIP Wednesday time. I am showing 2 projects today. Yesterday, at the Rathdrum Knitalong meeting, I started a new layette set with the casting on of the cardigan.



I still have some of the white, violet, orange, and teal paisley print fleece that needs to be used. I've decided to go with the white, orange, and violet in the fabric.

I've also been working on the white and mint mitten.



As you can see in these photos, there is not enough contrast to see the color pattern clearly, so I am going to frog these and find some other yarn for this project.



I'm taking this yarn back to KnitWits. Someone else can find a better use for it.

Another issue I've had with this mitten is the needles are tarnishing. These are Addi Turbo Lace needles, which I love. I'm getting black all over my hands, and some on the yarn too. I googled it this morning and found out that some of the Turbo Lace needles do this because they are made of brass and the clear coating that is ordinarily put on them to prevent tarnishing didn't get put on some batches. There are solutions to the problem. I ordered some polish from Amazon to clean the tarnish off. The polish will leave a coating that will prevent the needles from tarnishing again.

It is snowing this morning. Ugh.

Live long and prosper. \\//



No comments:

Post a Comment