"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/24/16

A WIP Pic

Here is an actual WIP.



I'm making a pair of bright colored socks. They will be a Christmas present for someone. The pattern is Fibonacci Socks from the Op-Art Socks book. These will be my first fully fairisle socks, and they are a challenge. I'm knitting them on 2 circular needles and having a terrible time keeping the floats loose enough when I change from one needle to the other. I'm hoping by the time I get them done, I'll have conquered the problem. As fairisle stitch patterns go, it's very simple. I've got it more or less memorized.

I'm having a very hard time getting any knitting done at home. Zoey gets into it. I sit down and boom, she's in my lap. I'm trying to teach her not to jump into my lap unless invited, but it's going to take some time.

Is it me? Or is she already bigger than last week?

I've learned a lot about having a puppy this past week. First, I have to remember, she's a baby. I keep expecting her to learn like an adult dog. That is not going to happen.

Second, because she's a baby, she can't be left alone unsupervised, just like a human baby. So I have to be vigilante at keeping my eye on her. I also have to maintain consistency and patience with her training. It's put a cramp in my style. I can't just leave the room or go outside for something when the whim hits me.

She is getting very consistent with come, and I think we've got sit just about conquered too. She's a very smart little girl. Potty training is another thing. It's gonna take awhile.

I'm crate training her so I can leave her in it when I have to go somewhere. I've been putting her in the crate at night, but she sits and whines for 10 minutes before she settles down, so now I'm having her go in for a special treat (cheese) and leaving the door open as well as closing the door and making her stay in it for an hour each day. She's willing to go in it on her own now, though she still hates it when I close the door. In time, she'll start feeling better about it.

I had a rep from one of the local fence builders out today for an estimate. We need a fence so bad for Zoey. We're looking at about 300 feet of fence. We're planning on 6 foot high chain link fencing. We'll have an estimate tomorrow.

It was a beautiful sunny day today. I let Zoey off her leash in the back yard for a bit. She raced around and around me like crazy. We played 'get the stick'. She gets the stick. Now I just have to get her to bring it to me. Right now, she gets it, then races around in circles with it, eventually dropping it then running to me.

I'm going through training treats like crazy.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment