"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/3/15

Just Too Darned Busy

No pics today. Just whine and ramble. Lately I don't have time for blogging. I've been too busy with 'stuff'. I'm carving out some time today though.

Last Saturday I drove down to Rockford to do knitting demonstrations at the S.E. Spokane County Fair. It was a disaster. I showed up on time, but no one else did. I was stood up. The fair folk in the office didn't even know what I was talking about. I waited around for half an hour, then headed back to my car. Needless to say, I got a bit angry. Then, to top it all off, I had to walk quite a bit cuz I had to park over a mile away from the fairgrounds up on a hill, on the side of a road, out in the middle of some fields. This fair has no parking and ALL roads into the town were blocked off. I'd forgotten to take my cane, and I was loaded down with the things I'd need. The walk seriously aggravated my poor left knee so badly I found myself unable to walk back to my car. I got about a third there and the pain was so bad I felt like I was going to vomit. Thankfully, a couple elderly ladies offered to help me and drove me to my car.

When I got home I called the gal who had talked me into doing this and she was as upset as me and most apologetic. She couldn't get into town either and she absolutely can not walk far (her legs are worse than mine). She tried calling people at the fair for assistance but no one was answering their phones.She tried calling me but there is no cell service in Rockford. So we both ended up going home in disgust.

I'm not sure what is going on with my knee. I tried to get in to see my doctor but he had no openings until next week. I won't be here next week. I will be in Michigan. Ice packs and what not seem to be helping. I've bought a knee brace and it is helping too. I think perhaps some swelling has gone down enough that the real injury is showing itself. I suspect a damaged, sprained, or torn medial collateral ligament has reared it's ugly self. The pain is unbelievably intense.

I also need to address the fact that my doctor is getting way too busy when I get back. What is with that?

The buyers of my property seem to be extremely motivated now that we've agreed on purchase terms. Yesterday I got a nice pile of emailed forms to read through, print out, sign, scan, and email back to my lawyer. Hopefully, I did it right. If not, I can take care of it in person next week.

Today is Parktoberfest. I am making macaroni and cheese from scratch. I also need to finish packing the trailer. Argh! Not enough time!

Tomorrow we are setting out on our trip to northern Michigan. I will not be blogging until we return.

Through all of this I am still knitting. It's keeping me sane. I'm taking my knitting with me on the trip.



Live long and prosper. \\// 

No comments:

Post a Comment