"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/13/14

Cashmere WIP

Since Sweet Hubby has been away, this little cat played. Heh heh. A few weeks ago the shop I teach at, Knit-n-Crochet, had a trunk show featuring Mountain Colors yarn. I found myself unable to leave without purchasing a luscious skein of a cashmere/silk blend called Louisa in the colorway Lady Slipper. It was extremely expensive, so I only bought one skein. I am making myself a soft lace mobius cowl to wear with my purple fur coat. I'm about halfway done with it now.



I can't describe how absolutely wonderful this yarn feels. I wish I could afford to make a whole sweater with it. It's a real joy to work with.

I need to get the cowl done cuz it's friggin' cold around here. Temperatures took a nose dive and we're getting single digit temps at night, and not getting above freezing during the day. Brrrrrrrrr... My neck needs that cowl.

I have been working on the Moose sweater, but I have only been able to get in a row here and a row there. However, now that I've had the Knitwits meeting this month, I should be able to get back to it more often. The meeting was yesterday and it's the last one for turning in our freshly made donations. I'm going to take December off for Knitwits knitting. I turned in a total of 3 shrugs, 3 pairs of mens slippers, 1 pair of mens mittens, plus my daughter gave me 2 pairs of baby socks and 1 pair of adult socks to turn in, and I had 2 crochet afghans given to me by a couple friends to turn in too. In addition, I managed to collect 4 big bags of yarn donations from friends and purchases (I'm always looking for a great deal) to take to the meeting too. I feel very good about being able to do that. Our December meeting is the best one of all. We distribute everything we've made to the various charities we support. I'm looking forward to it.

Sweet Hubby is a little over halfway across the top part of Florida. He will be coming home next Tuesday. I am SO excited! I miss him so very very very much. I can't wait.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment