"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/11/14

WIP Wednesday 6/11/2014

June just started! How could it be almost half over already? How about a WIP Wednesday post? Oddly, I don't have much on the needles right now. Not as much as I usually do, anyway. I only have 2 projects on them.

This is the Victory Tam.



I started it last week. It is a model/test knit for the shop where I teach knitting. It's the first time I've been asked to knit a model for them. I feel quite honored. The project is a kit they are thinking about bringing into the shop. So far, I'm not happy. The pattern has 3 major errors in it already, and I'm not even half way done. I looked ahead in the pattern and I can see there are more errors coming. Sigh. I will probably email the publisher about them. I like the yarn though. It's nice to work with.

I have been working a little bit on the mukluks.



I've got a heel! Still not happy with my workmanship though. I tend to make the floats too short when I change from one needle to the next. Gotta figure out how to overcome that problem.

This little item, a doll sweater, is technically still a FO even though it's off the needles. I need to sew a snap set on it, and do some blocking to finish it up.



It's an experiment for my doll clothing line. I used a very simple lace pattern in the neck ruffle with beads in it. Don't know if it fits the doll yet. Afraid to try it on her.

My rhododendron is blooming wonderfully this year. I'm so happy I didn't succeed in pulling it out 3 years ago (or was it 4?).


Ignore the weeds around it. I can't get on my hands and knees to pull them out. My knees haven't healed completely from the fall in Times Square. It hurts like heck to kneel on them. So I have a problem and an not sure how to solve it. Anyway, at least Rhody doesn't seem to mind the weeds. She's looking awesome this year.


I love this shade of pink!

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. I can't get down on my knees either because of bad hips. I found this hoe at Home Depot and it is absolutely awesome for weeding. You just scrape it back and forth, then rake out the weeds:
    http://www.homedepot.com/s/garden+hoe?NCNI-5

    Its called an Ames Action Hoe and is under $20...best gardening investment I have ever made! :-) Good luck! Your rhodies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete