"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/10/14

New Doll Stuff! Yay!

I got some new doll stuff. I ordered 2 short red wigs for my Prudence. One arrived last Friday.



I love this wig! It looks awesome on her. I bought this wig on Ebay from Juju's Dolly Mall. It's a Monique Gold "Jojo" in Carrot Red. I have a second wig that arrived yesterday. I purchased it from a doll group member. Haven't taken pics yet.

I have a new doll. This is Serious Intention Ellowyne.



She's my very first repaint. That makes her one of a kind.

Click on pic to embiggen

Her face has been repainted by Peggy Foggio of  Westport Dolls. Peggy did such a beautiful job. I love the way she does the eyebrows and lashes. One look at those violet eyes and I HAD to have her.

I love her hair too. Such a rich deep auburn.



This is what she looked like originally.



She came nude. I'm not sure I want the original outfit. It's not one I really care for.

The earrings I won in the photograph contest arrived too. I got gold hoops,



Pink ovals,



and green ovals.



I'm having way too much fun with my dolls.



The weekend was a busy one. Saturday morning I had a meeting in Wallace, Idaho. I recently joined the Inland Northwest Freethought Society and we met up with the Missoula Area Secular Society for lunch. It was a fun meeting.

There was a street fair going on that day, so we wandered around town a bit too. Sweet Hubby took this photo of me while there.



Wallace is a very pretty little town squeezed in between the mountains at the Idaho/Montana border. It was used in the filming of the Pierce Brosnan movie Dante's Peak.

After Wallace, we headed home to get Cable, then went over to brother-in-law Dan's house for a party. My nephew, Nathan, graduated from high school last week. It was time to celebrate. I enjoyed it immensely. Lots of family was there, and the weather was gorgeous. There was lots of good food and conversation to be had by all.

On Sunday we worked in the 'garden'. That fenced off space that I have grown a veggie garden in since we first moved here. My back can't handle the work involved in maintaining it any more, so we're turning it into an orchard. We plan to put some fruit trees and some berries in the space and mow around them. Pulling weeds is something I just can't do much of. A friend gave me some Raspberry starts and we worked on getting them planted.

The weeds were pretty thick and tall. Sweet Hubby mowed the whole space. Then he rototilled a place for me to plant the Raspberries. I dug holes and whatnot. I got them planted but I was exhausted by the end of the day. My back does not like me digging holes. I'm looking forward to having Raspberries to eat though, probably next year. Now we need to get some fruit trees.

The weather is gorgeous this week, so far. I'm gonna spend as much time as I can on my deck before the oppressive heat arrives.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment