"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/5/14

WIP Wednesday 2/5/2014

I finished knitting the body of my gansey last night. Woo hoo!



Next step is to join the shoulders with 3-needle bind off. Then it's picking up stitches for the first sleeve.

I took this pic of the beaded amulet bag I'm knitting along with my student.



Monday's class went very well. She caught onto short rowing the bottom very quickly. Next week we'll be sewing the side seams and making straps.

One of my orchids opened a flower yesterday.



There are two branches of buds this time. I've not had that happen before. It must be a happy orchid.



All in all, over the weekend we got about 12 inches of new snow. Now, the clouds have cleared and the sun is shining. It was -2F degrees when I got up this morning. It's friggin' cold out there.

Did I mention that our microwave oven croaked last week? It throws sparks, no matter what we put in it. We discovered a hole in the top where it's rusting and bits of metal are falling down. Yikes! The paint is peeling like crazy too. I've never had a microwave do that before. I've ordered a new one. It is scheduled to be delivered today. I also have Knitwits this afternoon. It will be interesting to see how this works out.





If you're interested in participating in WIP Wednesday, please join us.
Live long and prosper. \\//


3 comments:

  1. I love the colour of your cardie. Sorry about your microwave, I hope it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sweater! I love orchids, but for some reason they don't do well in my house, every winter they die off - I think it gets too cold in the room that I have them in (where the cats can't get to it). I just noticed recently that our microwave is rusting on the inside of the door ... weird, I've never seen that before this one either - now I'm wondering if eventually it'll be sparking too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did some research and found out if you don't cover your food when it's cooking, or don't clean up the splatters right away, the food splatters will cook every time you turn on the oven causing the paint to bubble. Moisture gets in the bubble and causes rusting. You can fix it by repainting the inside of your microwave (paint available on Amazon.com) and then make sure you always cover your food and wipe up splatters immediately. Keeping the walls clean is imperative. I've laid down the law in this house. Hubby knows he's on parole.

    ReplyDelete