"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/3/13

Ugh, Sore Hand

I had a nice Thanksgiving. Lots of good food and hanging with the family. The weather was tolerable. Cold and wet with rain. We got a lot of rain. On Sunday it was over 3 inches in one day. We had a Star Trek Enterprise marathon between eating and partying. Got through 2 and a half seasons. I also got a lot of knitting done.

First, I finished knitting the Jeweled Cowl. I just need to weave in two ends and block it. I finished it on Thanksgiving Day at my brother-in-law's house, while waiting for dinner time to be announced.

I knit a whole set for a Christmas swap present, but I can't show it here until after the swap partner gets it, so you'll have to wait. I had to do it patternless cuz, well, no one has written a pattern so far as I was able to ascertain. I'm quite pleased with myself. I didn't have to frog anything. I guessed right every time I tried an idea and it all came out very nice. I think my swap partner is gonna like it.

I also made good progress on the first sleeve of Chocolate Cephalopod. Kind of overdid it. But I have lots of rows to add to the Million Row challenge count!



I had to take one day off from knitting yesterday cuz my left hand started to hurt. I'm gripping too tight. I need to loosen up a bit. It's not going to get away from me. Anyway, so daughter and I put up the Christmas tree with our new lights. I got awesome new lights for the tree from Costco about 3 months ago. I'm glad I did cuz they ran out fast, and they are SO COOL! They're LED lights that fade from multi-colored to warm white and back again. I can also set them for steady-on white or multi-colored. They're unique. I've not seen anything like them anywhere else.

Haven't got the ornaments on yet. Gonna work on that over the next few days. I did some laundry too. Laundry, it never ever ends.

Oh yes, and I Christmasfied this blog. That was fun. And I figured out why my Nook HD wouldn't read some of my PDF formatted books. I have 57 Agatha Christie novels in PDF format. I wanted to start reading them, but my Nook HD could only read the first 10 or 11 pages and the rest were blank.

After a couple of hours of searching the net, I found out the problem. It seems the reader that comes pre-installed on Nook anything is a crappy Barnes & Noble version rather than the full Adobe Acrobat Reader. I installed the full version and voila! I can read my PDF's. I really don't know what B&N was thinking doing that. It's a dumb thing to do. It only frustrates the customer. I also have made arrangements to get my old 1st Gen. E-Ink Nook repaired. The micro USB port is damaged (thank you cats!) and though it will charge, it won't hook up to my laptop. It costs a bit to get it fixed, but not as much as buying a new one. It also has the same PDF reading problem, but I can't fix it cuz you can't download apps on to this old baby.  It was pre-app when it came out.

Today I have Rathdrum Knitalong. I'm taking Chocolate Cephalopod. I hope you have a good rest of the day.

Live long and prosper. \\//





No comments:

Post a Comment