"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/10/13

The Doll Swap

This month I participated in an internet swap held by the ImaginingEllowyneWilde Yahoo group. We were to send our swap partner something for our dolls to wear, keeping in mind Christmas. I knit a hat, scarf, and tiny little fingerless mitts, here modeled by my Ellowyne.


Warm Set for Ellowyne

Pattern: T'isn't one. I made it up as I went.
Size: To fit Robert Tonner 16 inch Ellowyne dolls.

Yarn: Cascade Heritage 150 Paints
Content: 75% Merino Superwash Wool/25% Nylon, sport weight.
Color: 9770 Celtic

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 2

Cast on: November 29, 2013
Completed: December 1, 2013

I did the scarf first, which is just a simple 2x2 rib. I made it 1 inch shorter than the height of the doll because when I make scarves for me, I make them 5 feet and I'm 5 feet 4 inches tall, so I figured that would be a good ratio to use. Then I tackled the hat, which wasn't really hard to do. Hats have become a piece-o-cake kind of thing for me.



The fingerless mitts though, they were a challenge. Such tiny hands to knit for! I think they're adorable.



They are hard to put on though. I had to take the hands off my doll to get them on. I'm glad the hands come off. They do make life easier that way.



Along with the knitted set, I also sent some Idaho treasures. Huckleberry Jam, Huckleberry Candy, and, of course, an Idaho Potato Recipes book. 

My swap partner sent me a whole outfit. She sent me PURPLE!



There is a white lace long sleeved shirt, purple velvet pants, purple shoes, and a little purple flowered purse. I love the whole outfit! Amber is modeling it here, along with a new red wig that came with my Pru doll.

I did get lots of knitting done over the weekend. More about that tomorrow.

It was frigidly cold all weekend long. Dropped down into the negative numbers at night, and didn't get above 21 during the day. It's been so cold we haven't been using the hot tub cuz I didn't think it would be safe to expose my skin in that kind of weather. When it's -5F, it doesn't take much to get frostbite. 

Last night it was 18F, which is considerably warmer than it's been. So I dipped in to the hot tub. Oh, it felt so wonderful! My feet have been cold for days. They finally warmed up.

It's warmed up considerably around here in the last 12 hours. It's actually supposed to get all the way up to 32F later today. And then the snow is coming.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment