"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/7/13

WIP Wednesday 8/7/2013

How about a WIP Wednesday post today? I've got these projects going at the moment. I've started a doll dress. It will be similar to the purple one with the black mink yoke, except it'll have a bright pink yoke.



I've also started another pair of mens mittens for Knitwits. This one in a bright dark teal color. I haven't decided what stitch pattern I'm gonna do on it. Something interesting, but easy to memorize, and will fit in 48 stitches.



This is still a WIP. I blocked it today.



I just need to put the snaps in the back and it'll be done.



Here is a WIP in it's most primitive form-not cast on yet. Technically, new yarn.


I don't know if I have mentioned this yet or not, but I'm frogging the A. Starmore St. Brigid. I've been using Alpaca yarn for it, and as wonderful and beautiful as the yarn is, I've come to the conclusion that I will not wear the sweater if it's made of that yarn because Alpaca is very very warm. I tend to run hot. I wear short sleeves most of the winter. So I decided it would be better to start over with a yarn I know I'll wear. I chose some Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in the color Oxblood. I think I'll be a lot happier with it.

Which reminds me, I need to get back to work on that Octopus sweater. Yikes! I need it done before Christmas!




If you're interested in participating in WIP Wednesday, please join us.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment